Araldite 2021-1 the MMA adhesive for the wind energy sector.
- Posted by: Albert Puig
- Category: Huntsman Araldite
Huntsman manufactures and markets a wide range of specific adhesives for the wind energy sector, which are recommended for use in production, maintenance and repair processes.
- Araldite 2021-1, has a very fast cure which allows a quick manipulation of the adhesives.
- The Araldite 2021-1 structural adhesive offers high shear and peel strength.
In addition, Araldite bicomponent structural adhesives have low shrinkage and excellent mechanical strength, very suitable for very large surfaces.
- Low exothermic properties improve performance through low shrinkage and decrease of residual stress in the final set.
Manufacturers and technicians of the wind energy industry, using the industrial adhesives Araldite 2021-1 achieve high yields, reduced downtime and increased productivity.
Among Araldite adhesives for the wind sector, Araldite 2021-1 is a general purpose, methacrylate based, two component adhesive and cured at ambient temperature for quick assembly operations on a wide variety of substrates.
Araldite 2021-1 Key Properties
Table of Contents
- 1 Araldite 2021-1 Key Properties
- 1.1 Other Araldite adhesives for Wind Energy
- 1.2 Other Araldite adhesives for Wind Energy
- 1.3 Serving worldwide wind industry for more than a decade
- 1.4 Designed to operate under demanding conditions
- 1.5 Blade pre-production to generation, transmission and distribution of energy
- 1.6 Other versatile product ranges of Advanced Materials solutions
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of plastics, composites and metals
- High shear and peel strength
- Very good resistance to chemicals and water
- Very fast curing and filling capacity
- Suitable for use at temperatures up to 100ºC
Application of the adhesive Araldite 2021-1
- The resin / hardener mixture is applied directly to the pre-treated and dried bonding surfaces.
- With a layer of adhesive 0.10-0.20 mm thick, the shear strength will normally be imparted to the joint, although joints up to 4 mm thick can be assembled.
- Note that adhesive layers with a thickness greater than 4 mm will react very strongly during curing, generating large amounts of heat.
- The parts to be joined must be assembled and fixed as soon as the adhesive has been applied.
- Uniform contact pressure throughout the bonding area will ensure optimum curing.
Other Araldite adhesives for Wind Energy
Huntsman fabricates and showcases a scope of authority adhesives for the Wind part which is suggested for use in the generation, support and repair forms.
Expanding efficiency in the drive to diminish process durations and cut expenses
Araldite epoxy innovations convey the qualities of long pot life, quick quality develop and high lap shear quality that wind industry applications request, commonly:
- Shell Bonding
- Repair, sealing and fixing
Araldite adhesives offer speedier quality develop and a flexible bond that produces superior joints.
Low exothermic properties additionally upgrade execution through low shrinkage and decreasing of remaining worry in the completed joint.
Makers and administrators in the Wind energy business utilizing Araldite modern adhesives can, in this way, anticipate steady elevated expectations of execution, lessened downtime and higher profitability.
Other Araldite adhesives for Wind Energy
|Araldite AV 4076-1 / Hardener HV 5309-1||Toughened|
Resistant to weathering
For root joint steel insert bonding
|Araldite 2015||For bonding of lightning conductor, monitor sensors|
Ideal for dissimilar substrates
Germanischer Lloyd (GL) certified
|Araldite 2014-1||Bonding tip, control shaft components|
High temperature and weathering resistance
Ideal for metals
|Araldite 2021-1||Very fast setting|
Tough adhesive for rapid fixing and filling of small voids
|Araldite 2022-1||Medium open time and fast curing|
Tough adhesive for field/workshop operations
|Araldite 2029-1||Medium open time|
High flexibility and strength
Serving worldwide wind industry for more than a decade
Designed to operate under demanding conditions
Blade pre-production to generation, transmission and distribution of energy
Other versatile product ranges of Advanced Materials solutions
RenShape modeling boards and tooling boards
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion for enhanced dimensional
- stability over a broad range of temperatures
- Easy milling with CNC machines
- High surface quality
- Cost effective
- Low exothermic product with rapid cure, low shrinkage, excellent dimensional stability and excellent adhesion to (without pretreated) EPS is available
- Good heat resistance up to 180°C
- Easy to apply by wet lay-up and infusion
- Good wetting properties with fi bres
- Easy to mix and brush
- Thixotropic surface coat features excellent hand-up properties
- and impact resistance.
- Heat resistance up to 180°C
- Can be polished gelcoat is available, excellent surface quality after polishing
- Wet lay-up follow up vacuum bagging
- Filament winding
- Blade assembly
- Assembly of load bearing components
- Maintenance and repairing
- Motors and generators
- Instrument transformers
- Distribution transformers
- Insulators and Bushings
- Composite insulator rods and tubes
- Composite insulator sheds
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect information that our suppliers voluntarily give us.
The Owners of this website forbid the republishing of the content from this blog onto any other blog or website Without their written permission
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.