Dow Corning 7091 flexible silicone Adhesive & Sealant
- Posted by: Albert Puig
- Category: Dow Corning
Dow Corning 7091 is a flexible silicone adhesive that has been designed for applications that require strong but flexible cohesion, such as when joining materials with different coefficients of thermal expansion, eg. Glass to metal or glass to plastic.
Thanks to its unique and excellent ability to adhere to most substrates, Dow Corning 7091 is the # 1 adhesive in all industry sectors.
Key Features of Dow Corning 7091
Table of Contents
Non-primer adhesion to commonly used materials, including enameled and painted steel, aluminum, ceramics and glass, as well as certain plastics used in engineering applications.
Used as an Formed In-Place Gasketing (FIPG) material.
- Single Component Adhesive / Sealant
- Cure at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air
- Neutral curing system for alkoxys
- Does not release solvents or strong odors
- Consistency pasty, non-fluid, easy to apply
- On curing it becomes a tough and flexible rubber
- Excellent adhesion to many substrates
- Stable and flexible from -55 ° C (-67 ° F) to + 180 ° C (+ 356 ° F)
- General Industry
Regulations / Approvals:
- Flammability: UL 94 V-1 (5 mm) / UL 94 HB (0,73 mm).
- UL 746C
- ROhS and Reach
- ISO 9001 ISO 14001
Methods of Work
- Manual or with automatic mixing and dosing equipment.
- Simply clean the surface prior to the dispensing of the adhesive
Technical specifications of Dow Corning 7091
|Producto||Dow Corning 7091|
|Description||Adhesive of high mechanical performance and excellent adhesion on most substrates|
|Shore Hardness A DIN 53505||37|
|100% elongation module DIN 53504 S2||ca. 0,85 N/mm2|
|Elongation at break DIN 53504 S2||ca. 680 %|
|Time of skin formation||28 min.|
|Tensile strength DIN 53504||ca. 2,5 N/mm2|
|Curing speed at 24h / 48h||≥ 2 mm / ≥ 3,5 mm|
|Density||1.40 ± 0.05 g/cm3|
|Tear strength||15 KN/m|
|Temperature resistance||-55ºC a +180ºC (picos hasta 200ºC)|
|Colors||Blanco, Gris y Negro|
|Useful life||12 meses desde su producción|
Dow Corning 7091 Documentation
Technical data Sheet (PDF)
Safety Sheet (PDF)
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect information that our suppliers voluntarily give us.
The Owners of this website forbid the republishing of the content from this blog onto any other blog or website Without their written permission
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.