New Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Dow Corning
Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
Table of Contents
- 1 Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
Antala Limited presents one of the latest Dow Corning developments in their industrial adhesive and sealants product range: the new Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant for industrial applications.
Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant is a neutral curing one part silicone sealant which provides immediate Green Strength directly after application letting you handle the application before the complete curing of the sealant.
WHAT IS GREEN STRENGTH?
- The property of instant Green Strength can eliminate mechanical fixing or shorten the handling time of bonded parts.
- The immediate Green Strength is about 3 times higher in lap shear assemblies than standard sealant which gives additional safety during the production and assembly process.
- After skin formation, cure continues inward from the surface. In 24 hours (at room temperature and 50% relative humidity)
- Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant will cure to a depth of about 2 mm.
- Very deep sections, especially when access to atmospheric moisture is restricted, will take longer to cure completely.
- Cure time is extended at lower humidity levels. It is extended at lower humidity levels and accelerated at higher levels, respectively.
This provides relevant advantages:
- Provides significant bond strength immediately after application – Instant Green Strength
- Increases efficiency (due to faster handling of the parts)
- Reduces costs (increases production efficiency)
- Provides good unprimed adhesion to commonly used plastics and metals
- Easy-to-use one-component adhesive/sealant
- Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates such as glass, metals and plastics
- Non-sag, paste consistency
- Cures to a tough, flexible rubber
- Stable and flexible from -50°C to +150°C
- UL 94 HB
- Fast strength build up supports productivity enhancements due to fast handling of bonded units
- Saves time as no buffer for strength build up required
- Designed for applications that require immediate handling and processing of the units.
- Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant provides immediate strength directly after application, enhancing productivity.
- Unprimed adhesion to commonly used materials including certain steels, aluminum and glass as well as certain plastics used in engineering applications.
Dow Corning 7092 Adhesive and Sealant Typical Properties
- Adhesion to Aluminum
- Adhesion to Glass
- Adhesion to Plastic
- Adhesion to Steel
- Color : White, Black
- Durometer – Shore A = 55 Shore A
- Elongation: = 435 %
- Modulus @100% Elongation, máximum = 174.05 psi
- Shelf Life = 360 Days
HOW TO USE Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
- All surfaces must be clean and dry.
- Degrease and wash off any contaminants that could impair adhesion.
- Suitable solvents include isopropyl alcohol, acetone or methyl ethyl ketone, heptane.
- Good unprimed adhesion may be obtained on a variety of substrates, including steel, alumini aluminum, glass and certain plastics.
- Substrates to which good adhesion is normally not obtained include PTFE, polyethylene, polypropylene and related materials.
- For maximum adhesion, the use of Dow Corning 1200 OS Primer is recommended.
- After solvent cleaning apply a thin coat of Dow Corning 1200 OS Primer by dipping, brushing or spraying. A
- llow primer to dry for 15 to 90 minutes at room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% or higher.
How to apply Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
Apply a bead of Dow Corning 7092 Adhesive and Sealant (see Handling Precautions) to one of the prepared surfaces, then quickly cover with the other substrate to be bonded.
Data Sheet Downloads
SDS (PDF Files)
Product Data Sheets (PDF Files)
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect information that our suppliers voluntarily give us.
The Owners of this website forbid the republishing of the content from this blog onto any other blog or website Without their written permission
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.