Dow Corning Silicone Adhesives and Sealants for IAM
- Posted by: Albert Puig
- Category: Dow Corning
Dow Corning industrial assembly and maintenance (IAM)
Dow Corning silicone based adhesives sealants last longer and are more versatile than most organic polymer sealants. RTV sealants are durable, cure at room temperature for a hard solid rubber with outstanding performance characteristics and meet a wide variety of industrial bonding and sealing applications.
Stability over a wide range of temperatures
- When fully cured, most products can be used at temperatures ranging from -56 ° to 177 ° C (204 ° C intermittent), with more capable of greater thermal stability and superior to 260 ° C (315 ° C intermittent).
- The high resistance to ultraviolet (UV) radiation and weather prevents our products from hardening, cracking, crumbling or drying out and becoming brittle.
- Our sealants do not degrade easily, even under long term exposure to many chemicals and atmospheric pollutants.
- Products provide good adhesion to a wide variety of industrial materials, including glass, ceramics, wood, masonry, painted surfaces and most metals and plastics.
- Designed for a variety of applications, the products can be used in various electrical and electronic applications, including devices that are thermos cycled over a wide temperature range.
- In a fire situation, adhesive/silicone sealants are resistant to burning. Many products comply with UL flammability standards.
When you specify a Dow Corning industrial assembly and maintenance products, you get one backed by the world’s leading silicon technology producer with more than 70 years of experience and innovations solution.
For the versatility, durability, aesthetics and application value, silicones outperform the organic. Dow Corning’s silicone sealants are unparalleled by providing:
- Protection that usually lasts three times longer than organic materials in the same applications, thus avoiding premature and costly renewals
- Tested with a history of success in a variety of different performance applications
- Life cycle pending value
- Application and performance in all weather conditions, resistance to UV exposure, ozone, rain, snow and extreme temperatures
- More durable than organic materials
- Flexibility and continuous adhesion, even when stretched or compressed
- Resistance to cracking, separation or tearing without hardening or fading
- Easy application over a wide temperature range
Which Dow Corning industrial assembly and maintenance silicone?
Dow Corning silicone sealants are offered in a wide range of formulation options, including:
RTV sealants (vulcanization ambient temperature)
These silicone polymers work with a moisture condensation reaction under typical ambient conditions but can be accelerated by increasing the temperature and humidity. RTV sealants are easy to apply and offer a relatively low cost and excellent adhesion.
These curing times are much shorter than RTV sealants, these materials can be dispensed automatically to meet the industrial equipment mounting requirements.
Hot melt silicone sealants
Ideal for automated manufacturing of various component applications, these hot reactive melt materials provide instant green strength, which can increase productivity, improve quality and reduce costs in industrial assembly applications.
Single part Materials
It contains all the ingredients necessary for the production of a cured material, these adhesives use external factors such as humidity in the air, heat or the presence of UV light
To start, complete the curing process. Single part sealant formulations are easy to use and usually have a low temperature cure or at room temperature, but moisture curing materials can take 24 hours or longer to heal completely.
Two component to prevent the premature appearance of curing of reactive components, these materials often use the addition of heat to facilitate or accelerate curing.
Two part formulations generally offer a longer life, high speed curing, the ability to carefully control working/opening time and curing time through changing mix ratios or temperature, but require mixing and may involve more application experience.
Ideal as swage or environmental seals to protect the environment from air, water, dust and moisture splashes, these materials are a cost-effective solution in comparison foam tapes together preformed for the use of high tolerance sealing. These materials, which are applied by automated robotic distribution, have a fast ambient temperature or low cure temperature.
Silicone sealants are generally composed of an inorganic siloxane polymer (Si-O-Si-O-Si) with a crosslinking agent, catalyst, tackifier, pigment or a plasticizing agent.
To meet specific needs, silicone sealants are offered in a variety of chemical and curing types, each with its own benefits.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect information that our suppliers voluntarily give us.
The Owners of this website forbid the republishing of the content from this blog onto any other blog or website Without their written permission
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.