Dow Corning 7091 is a non-sag, easy-to-apply silicone sealant that offers excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates. This material is designed for applications that require a flexible but strong bond and is suitable for use as a Formed-in-Place Gasket (FIPG) material. RTV 7091 is commonly used on materials such as aluminum, glass, ceramic, enameled and painted steal, and certain plastics used in engineering applications.
When exposed to moisture in the air, the product will cure at room temperature forming a tough, flexible rubber. Remains flexible and stable from -55 to +180°C. When stored at or below 30°C in unopened containers, the usable life for this material is 12 months. The product is available in black, gray, and white.
DOW CORNING 7091 Applications
- It is designed for applications which demand a strong but flexible bond, such as when bonding materials with differing thermal expansion rates, e.g glass or metal to plastics.
- Unprimed adhesion to commonly used materials including enamelled and painted steel, aluminium, ceramic and glass as well as to certain plastics used in engineering applications.
- Used as a Formed- in- place Gasket (FIPG) material.
DOW CORNING 7091 Features
- One component adhesive/ sealant
- Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air.
- Alkoxy cure system
- Non- sad paste consistency
- Easy to apply
- Cures to a tough, flexible rubber
- Excellent adhesion to many substrates
- Stable and flexible from -55°C (-67°C) to +180°C (+356°C)
DOW CORNING 7091 Regulations / Approvals:
- Flammability: UL 94 V-1 (5 mm) / UL 94 HB (0,73 mm).
- UL 746C
- ROhS and Reach ISO 9001 ISO 14001