Dow Corning New Silicone Adhesive & Sealants Selection Guide
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Dow Corning
Antala® regularly publishes selection guides of Dow Corning products for various industries, because we know that all applications are different.
In the following pages you will find information on the basics of sealing and silicone technology as well as a list of Dow Corning products classified by type of sealing and curing (one-component and two-component). The guide also contains the properties and typical applications for each product.
Silicone Adhesive & Sealants Selection Guide
Silicon-based Dow Corning sealants last longer and are more versatile than most organic polymer sealants. They are durable, one-part RTV sealants; cure at room temperature to a tough, rubbery solid with exceptional performance characteristics; and meet a wide variety of your industrial bonding and sealing needs.
Features of Dow Corning silicone sealants include:
- Stability over a wide temperature range – When fully cured, many of our products can be used at temperatures ranging from -85° to 599°F (-65° to 315°C).
- Weather resistance – High resistance to UV rays, radiation and weather prevents our products from hardening, cracking, crumbling, drying and becoming brittle.
- Chemical stability – Our sealants do not readily degrade, even under long-term exposure to many chemicals and atmospheric pollutants.
- Good bond strength – Our products provide good adhesion to a wide variety of industrial materials, including glass, ceramics and wood masonry; painted surfaces; and many metals and plastics.
- Electrical properties – Designed for a variety of applications, our products can be used in various electrical and electronic applications, including devices that are thermally cycled over a wide temperature range.
- Low flammability – In fire conditions, silicone adhesives/sealants are reluctant to burn. Many products comply with UL flammability standards.
When you specify an assembly and maintenance product from Dow Corning, you receive a solution backed by the world leader in silicone technology with more than 60 years of expertise and innovations.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect information that our suppliers voluntarily give us.
The Owners of this website forbid the republishing of the content from this blog onto any other blog or website Without their written permission
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites.