Araldite CW 2250-1 / Aradur HY 2251
(100 parts to 20 parts by volume)
Huntsman Araldite presents this isocyanate free, epoxy-based encapsulation, impregnation and filling system suitable for manipulation and cured at room temperature. Mechanically resistant multi-purpose system, available in various colors, suitable for devices exposed to thermal shock and vibration, CW 2250-1 / HY 2251 is available in various colours.
What is encapsulation?
A resin enclosure system to protect electronic devices from external influences (humidity, dust, vibrations, shock), allowing the sending and receiving of signals and improving handling and assembly.
- PCB boards
Curing: The curing time is about 24 hours at room temperature, although it can be accelerated by applying heat. In highly exposed systems, temperature postcuring is recommended.
ARALDITE CW 2250-1 / ARADUR HY 2251
It is recommended to thoroughly homogenize the entire contents of the container before use and to remove it from time to time to avoid sedimentation and possible curing and dosing problems.
To facilitate mixing it is recommended to heat the resin at 40-50 ° C before mixing with the hardener and to improve the dielectric properties a brief degassing under vacuum at a pressure of 5-10 mbar.
Store the components in a dry place and in their original closed containers.
Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Araldite CW 2250-1 / Aradur HY 2251
- Glass transition temperature: 54 ° C
- Torsion module G ‘(at 25ºC) ISO 6721: 3200MPa
- Thermal class: B (sustained 130 ° C)
- Elongation at break: 1.45%
- Hardness: 88 Shore D
- Flammability: UL 94 V-0 (4 mm)
- Dielectric strength: 28kV / mm
Main Properties of Araldite CW 2250-1 / Aradur HY 2251
- Free of isocyanates.
- Excellent flowability.
- Good thermal conductivity.
- Excellent mechanical resistance and abrasion.
- High dimensional stability and strength against stresses (torsion, bending, …).
- Good resistance to thermal shock.
- Flammability: UL 94 V-0 (4 mm).
Working Methods of Araldite CW 2250-1 / Aradur HY 2251
- Encapsulation / Impregnation.
- Manual or with automatic mixing and dosing equipment.