Adhesive solutions for on-board repairs
Structural components in marine construction must be bonded together. At the same time, when choosing boat adhesives it is important to find one that offers the right balance between high strength and flexibility.
The Huntsman brand has been developing and designing versatile, innovative and reliable solutions for over 70 years. Its adhesive solutions for the naval and maritime industry focus on manufacturing efficiency and cost reduction, making it possible to save up to 50% in production time. In addition, these adhesives enable unique design features, combining robustness for commercial vessels and lightweight construction for yacht programs. Its innovative adhesives allow large parts to be bonded together, repaired in wet conditions while providing ample performance.
The challenge: fast joints in extreme conditions
Thanks to Araldite 2051 it is possible to carry out repairs on board with quick joints in extreme conditions, once the boat has left the shipyard. Despite the harshest and wettest conditions, this adhesive allows for quick bonding thus reducing downtime by up to 50%.
Accordingly, this product allows for the repair and finishing of small to medium components after a boat has emerged from the shipyard’s controlled conditions and is exposed to a cold, wet environment.
Packaged in practical and safe cartridges, Araldite 2051 is a valuable tool for making on-board repairs. This adhesive helps speed repairs and return to operations quickly, reducing your downtime by up to 50%. With the Araldite 2051 adhesive, it is possible to bond any type of material outdoors, and even underwater. This anti-slip adhesive is easily applied vertically and over the head for small and major repairs.
In addition, Araldite 2051 allows you to make joints from 0 ° C to 40 ° C without sensitivity to humidity, making it possible to carry out repair work in almost any condition. These are its main characteristics:
- Its fast curing speed up the process to save time without compromising performance.
- It is possible to select the open time that best suits the operating temperature.
- It has excellent environmental resistance to ageing. Suitable for very severe service conditions, including temperature changes and exposure to water.
- It allows joints to be made on wet surfaces, even under saltwater and in any condition.
- This product bonds most substrates, such as metals, composites, and thermoplastics.
- Virtually no surface preparation required. It also has very high adhesion benefits with a minimum pre-treatment of the surfaces.