Bolt & Nut Lubrication in Thermal Power Plants
Thermal power plants contain many bolts & nuts that connect various key components. These bolted connections require adequate maintenance in order to function as intended, safely and for as long as possible.
Thermal power plants are extreme environments, with high temperatures, pressures and loads present. As a result, components and machinery require solutions that both provide protection from these conditions and are not damaged by them.
The global thermal power plant market was estimated at a value of £1.2 trillion in 2020, growing at a rate of 3.2%. Due to the highly competitive nature of this market, manufacturers can benefit by investing in innovative solutions that protect, optimise and maintain the bolts & nuts in thermal power plants. This will lead to overall decreased costs, less maintenance and repairs, extended component lifetime, and higher safety and performance from the connections; giving the manufacturers a competitive edge.
Molykote P-37 Paste for Bolt & Nut Lubrication in Thermal Power Plants
Lubrication plays a vital role in the optimal operation of thermal power plants. Through effective lubrication of bolts & nuts, the following benefits can be achieved:
- Reduced wear and friction – improving efficiencies of the system.
- Smooth, noiseless operation – improving working conditions.
- Resistance to humidity and water – avoiding water damage.
- Corrosion and rust protection – protecting key components.
- Increased lifespan of components – less requirement for repairs and maintenance.
Molykote P-37 is a highly-pure solid lubricating paste for bolted joints. It provides a high load-carrying capacity and high-temperature performance. It is suitable for screws, nuts and bolts that are subjected to extremely high temperatures and that are made of heat resistant or extremely heat resistant steels, for example, those made of nickel-based alloys. This paste has successfully been used in power plants for lubricating bolted connections.
Through the use of Molykote P-37, manufacturers can ensure:
- Compatibility with stainless steel materials
- High-temperature performance – instantaneous temperature of 1000°C.
- No Nickel in the product, avoiding harm to the natural environment and disruption of operations.
- Suitability for thermal power plants.
In addition, Molykote lubricants have effectively been used in managing vibrational loads, reducing thread failure, lubricating bearings, avoiding microwelding of pipes, and sealing industrial furnaces; proving their reliable performance in extremely challenging environments.