Case Study: Bonding LED Road Signs
An electric roadsign manufacturer was looking for an effective bonding solution that endured harsh conditions. This adhesive was to bond directional funnels to LEDs, used in overhead gantry signs giving traffic information.
The requirements for the new adhesive included being able to:
- Bond LEDs to polycarbonate
- Operate in service-temperatures -20°C to +80°C.
- Be applied to overlap/butt joint design
- Require minimal surface preparation
Araldite 2028-1 is a cold/fast-curing polyurethane adhesive that is UV stable and suitable for the bonding of LED road signs. It is transparent and provides high shear and peel strength when bonding glass and metal applications.
As a result of using Araldite 2028-1, the LED bonding application benefited in various ways, including:
- Rapid cures
- Good optical clarity
- Good environmental resistance
- Ease of use