Strong Joints to Repair Speedboats
The Huntsman brand has been developing and designing versatile, innovative and reliable solutions for over 70 years. Its adhesive solutions for the marine industry focus on manufacturing efficiency and cost reduction; making it possible to save up to 50% in production time. In addition, these adhesives enable unique design features, combining robustness for commercial vessels and lightweight construction for yacht programs. Its innovative adhesives allow large parts to be bonded, repair in wet conditions very quickly while providing ample performance.
The challenge: a solution to repair speedboats
Huntsman Araldite’s challenge was to create strong joints capable of withstanding high speeds. More specifically, achieving an impeccable hull-deck bond on an 8.5m vinyl speedboat that meets Lloyd’s Register specifications.
This product supports cruising speeds of up to 99 km/h, therefore it has become an effective solution to repair speedboats. The long open working time makes this adhesive a profitable solution. In addition, application through cartridges is possible, without the need to invest in a dosing unit. Additionally, our unique simulation capabilities predict results with a 90% success rate, helping to minimise trial and error.
Araldite 2015-1 is a two-component epoxy adhesive that has a high resistance to dynamic loads. It also has high fracture resistance and good fatigue properties. This product is ideal for bonding different substrates and is also extremely resistant to weathering and dynamic loads. Below, we review the main characteristics of this outstanding product within the adhesives for boats:
- Its long working time is suitable for large structures with an open time of up to 45 minutes at room temperature. Furthermore, it is highly resistant to dynamic loads, vibrations and impacts.
- Its excellent environmental and ageing resistance make it suitable for very severe service conditions, including temperature changes and exposure to water.
- Do not hang up: It can be applied to complex geometries, vertical and elevated surfaces.
- It can fill gaps of up to 10 mm.
- This sticker has been endorsed by Lloyd’s Register since March 2020.