Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
Antala Limited presents one of the latest Dow Corning developments in their industrial adhesive and sealants product range: the new Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant for industrial applications.
Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant is a neutral curing one part silicone sealant which provides immediate Green Strength directly after application letting you handle the application before the complete curing of the sealant.
WHAT IS GREEN STRENGTH?
- The property of instant Green Strength can eliminate mechanical fixing or shorten the handling time of bonded parts.
- The immediate Green Strength is about 3 times higher in lap shear assemblies than standard sealant which gives additional safety during the production and assembly process.
- After skin formation, cure continues inward from the surface. In 24 hours (at room temperature and 50% relative humidity)
- Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant will cure to a depth of about 2 mm.
- Very deep sections, especially when access to atmospheric moisture is restricted, will take longer to cure completely.
- Cure time is extended at lower humidity levels. It is extended at lower humidity levels and accelerated at higher levels, respectively.
This provides relevant advantages
- Provides significant bond strength immediately after application – Instant Green Strength
- Increases efficiency (due to faster handling of the parts)
- Reduces costs (increases production efficiency)
- Provides good unprimed adhesion to commonly used plastics and metals
- Easy-to-use one-component adhesive/sealant
- Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air
- Excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates such as glass, metals and plastics
- Non-sag, paste consistency
- Cures to a tough, flexible rubber
- Stable and flexible from -50°C to +150°C
- UL 94 HB
- Fast strength build up supports productivity enhancements due to fast handling of bonded units
- Saves time as no buffer for strength build up required
- Designed for applications that require immediate handling and processing of the units.
- Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant provides immediate strength directly after application, enhancing productivity.
- Unprimed adhesion to commonly used materials including certain steels, aluminum and glass as well as certain plastics used in engineering applications.
Dow Corning 7092 Adhesive and Sealant Typical Properties
- Adhesion to Aluminum
- Adhesion to Glass
- Adhesion to Plastic
- Adhesion to Steel
- Color : White, Black
- Durometer – Shore A = 55 Shore A
- Elongation: = 435 %
- Modulus @100% Elongation, máximum = 174.05 psi
- Shelf Life = 360 Days
HOW TO USE Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
- All surfaces must be clean and dry.
- Degrease and wash off any contaminants that could impair adhesion.
- Suitable solvents include isopropyl alcohol, acetone or methyl ethyl ketone, heptane.
- Good unprimed adhesion may be obtained on a variety of substrates, including steel, alumini aluminum, glass and certain plastics.
- Substrates to which good adhesion is normally not obtained include PTFE, polyethylene, polypropylene and related materials.
- For maximum adhesion, the use of Dow Corning 1200 OS Primer is recommended.
- After solvent cleaning apply a thin coat of Dow Corning 1200 OS Primer by dipping, brushing or spraying. A
- llow primer to dry for 15 to 90 minutes at room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% or higher.
How to apply Dow Corning 7092 High Green Strength Adhesive and Sealant
Apply a bead of Dow Corning 7092 Adhesive and Sealant (see Handling Precautions) to one of the prepared surfaces, then quickly cover with the other substrate to be bonded.