Food-grade oils for gearboxes are crucial for the proper functioning of many food-processing machines.
Food-grade gearboxes must adhere to high hygiene standards, ensuring they don’t contaminate any food products or other machinery involved in food processing. This is crucial as the gears are in direct contact with the food products.
As a result, not only must they not contribute towards contamination, but they must also be fit for extended cleaning procedures and operation times, being resistant to high torques, chemicals, water, corrosion, heat and humidity.
These properties are enabled through the use of NSF H1/H3, ISO 21469-certified lubricants that ensure they are fit for contact with food. This allows food manufacturers to reduce downtimes, reduce maintenance and repairs, ensure food safety and save costs by increasing efficiencies.
Top Food-Grade Gearbox Oils
JAX food-grade lubricants are ideal as oils for gearboxes in food processing plants as they:
- Reduce friction and wear on processing machinery – improving efficiencies and reducing the frequency of maintenance, saving costs.
- Increase equipment lifetime – reducing the need for repairs or replacements.
- Improve equipment safety – reducing health & safety hazards, ensuring safe operability of machinery.
- Protect against corrosion, water and chemicals – reducing inefficiencies and the likelihood of equipment damage.
- Provide full safety for storage, freezing and vacuum packing.
- Ensure functionality while eliminating food & food waste contamination.
- Ensure functionality without contributing to food allergens.
- Improving general hygiene in the workspace.
The following NSF H1, ISO 21469 gear oils can be used for entire lines of gearboxes in food processing plants, including open gears, speed reducers, couplings, shafts and other types of gears:
JAX Magna-Plate 220 FG, 320 FG and 460 FG are high-performance food-grade synthetic EP gear oils for high-load gearbox applications. They provide excellent water resistance, wear protection, resistance to extreme pressures and full functionality at loads typically considered too severe for food-grade lubricants.
JAX Flow-Guard ISO 150, 220, 320, 460 and 680 are synthetic, 100% PAO food-grade gear oils that offer superior performance in severe-load gearbox applications. They maximise efficiency and minimise wear on components that can usually cause stalling. In addition, they contain a combination of anti-wear agents, corrosion inhibitors and polymeric viscosity index modifiers that provide superlative long-term advantages in anti-wear protection. Their antioxidant chemistry also ensures a deposit-free operation.
JAX Perma-Gear FG ISO 220 is a PAG synthetic oil for high-temperature gearbox heads. It provides an extremely high viscosity index, enabling improved lubrication and significant energy savings in gearboxes. This leads to increased drain intervals, extended equipment life and significant power savings.
Discover our full range of JAX food-grade lubricants and oils to find the most appropriate solution for your food-processing machinery.