In this article we explore several tips that can help you always have the correct repair solutions at hand to aid you in your repair and maintenance process.
It is often the case, especially in extreme weather conditions, that the repair solution you have in mind for a certain situation is unable to be applied until the external conditions improve. For example, if the temperature is too high or too low, or the humidity is too high and not yet dispersed, certain adhesives might not be able to be applied successfully. Therefore, choosing the most compatible solution in your available repair window can be a challenging problem to navigate without expert knowledge.
Through working with the tips provided in this article, combined with the use of Araldite® 2050 and Araldite® 2051 structural adhesives for extreme conditions, you are much more likely to always be prepared for any repairs that need to be carried out by having the right repair solutions at your disposal at all times.
Tips for always having the right repair solutions at hand
- Stock up on advanced adhesives that make it possible for you to achieve trustworthy results immediately in a one-step application.
- Consider repair options that can be applied during spring, autumn and summer seasons so that you are able to book contractors outside the peak repair season and therefore save money.
- Get in contact with your distributors and sign up to their industrial newsletters so that you are up to date with their latest products and alternatives.
- Prioritise your repairs correctly so that the most urgent and complicated ones are carried out first. Repairs that use smaller materials require less expert knowledge, specialist treatment and support, such as repairs of tubes.
Main advantages of having the right repair solutions at your disposal
- Faster execution of repairs achieved with advanced adhesives.
- Wider repair windows available by being able to apply them during non-peak seasons.
- Greater safety of the workforce achieved through not having to work in extreme conditions urgently.
- Greater versatility achieved through having a more streamlined product portfolio.
- An overall gain of productivity and reduction of downtime.
Hairline cracks were discovered along the length of the leading edge of a wind turbine blade, as well as other damages to the component parts of the blade. The customer requirements were therefore a weather-resistant and non-sagging paste that could provide a fast-curing solution reliably and an excellent adhesion for metals and composites. The repair team decided to carry out the repair with the Araldite® 2050 and Araldite® 2051 structural adhesives for extreme conditions to achieve a strong, reliable bond which would withstand all conditions, such as cold, humid or hot weather.