Antala Ltd were appointed the UK Distributor of Huntsman Electronic products in May 1st 2016.
The Huntsman Electronics range includes Epoxy (Araldite) and Polyurethane (Arathane) resins that are used during virtually every stage in the production of electronic devices and power applications.
Epoxies and Polyurethanes are widely used in the electronics industry to protect devices against chemical, mechanical and electrical loads. They are generally applied by encapsulation, potting, casting or impregnation.
Huntsman have developed a wide range of solutions that answer the most stringent requirements for electronics devices:
- High thermal resistance and thermal conductivity
- Flame-retardant (UL94 V0/HB listing, and EN/TS 45545 qualifications)
- Excellent mechanical and dielectric properties
- Variable hardness and high dimensional stability
- Good chemical resistance and low water uptake
- Reduced production costs and improved efficiency
Typical applications where Araldite and Arathane systems are used include; Generators & Motors, Insulators & Bushings, Switchgears, Instrument Transformers, Sensors & Switches and Wire harness & Connectors.
Protection, safety and sustainability
Thermosets such as epoxies and polyurethanes are widely used in the electronics industry to protect devices against chemical, mechanical and electrical loads.
Thermosets over thermoplastics
- Dimensional accuracy and stability
- Excellent property retention over a broad range of temperatures
- Solvent resistance
- Non-melting, flame retardant & low-smoke density
- Creep resistant
- Ambient and hot curing systems
- Long pot life, latency
- Excellent cross linking
- Excellent impregnation
- High voltage behavior on impregnated parts
- High Tg
- Thermal endurance, high temperature applications
- Long-term reliability
- Low viscosity and easy processing
- Low exothermic reaction and low shrinkage
- Flexibility at medium and low temperatures
- Suitable for pressure sensitive devices
- Crack resistance
- Thermal cycling resistance
- Casting of big volumes