Huntsman advanced materials have announced that their Araldite 2023, two-part acrylic adhesive has achieved the Lloyd’s Register certification.
Araldite 2023 is a durable two-part acrylic adhesive that is tailored to provide a durable bond in demanding environments. A marine environment requires weather and high-stress resistance; as well as durability and reliability of all used materials in order to keep production, maintenance and repair costs limited.
This is why choosing the right materials from the beginning is essential to optimising overall production and maintenance operations. Opting for a high-performance product such as Araldite 2023 speeds up production; helps reduce future repair costs, and increases the lifespan of the vessel. For example, structural adhesives that allow simple application directly to the parts that need to be bonded, regardless of weather and the conditions being endured.
Araldite 2023 and other of Huntsman’s maritime tailored adhesives offer various operational benefits:
- Discover practical insights that widen your repair window and make previously impossible repairs possible.
- Reduce production time up to 50% due to limited pre-treatment, easy application and no need for reapplication.
- Achieve higher impact and fatigue resistance thanks to excellent elongation of more than 100%.
- Pairing of structural adhesives with the perfect matching composites.
- Ensure desired results with good simulation, learn about process optimization support and potential testing facilities.