International Council of Chemical Associations Responsible Care programme.
The International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA) Responsible Care initiative drives continuous improvement in safe chemicals management, achieving excellence in environmental, health, safety, and security performance. Antala’s inclusion within the programme reiterates our longstanding commitment to the following principles as we continue to:
- Enable a corporate leadership culture that proactively supports safe chemical management. Through the global Responsible Care initiative, Antala commits to providing leadership and resources to implement Responsible Care principles and practices. We’re committed to implementing policies and procedures to safeguard employees, contractors, the public, and the environment.
- Safeguard people and the environment by continuously improving environmental, health and safety performance, the security of our facilities, processes and technologies, and driving continuous improvement in chemical product safety and stewardship throughout the supply chain.
- Strengthen chemical management systems by participating in, developing, and implementing life cycle-oriented, sound-science, and risk-based chemical safety legislation and best practices. We commit to managing the safety of chemical products, including active collaboration, active participation, and contributions to education and research.
- Work with business partners to promote safe management of chemicals within their operations. Antala Ltd. commits to providing information and assistance to enable secure chemical management and collaborate with chemical users on maintaining and improving processes for the safe use of chemicals.
- Engage stakeholders, understanding and responding to expectations for safer operations and products and communicating openly on our performance and technologies.
- Contribute to sustainability through improved performance of technologies and other solutions to meet societal challenges. We commit to implementing corporate principles, policies, and processes to continually improve waste management, greenhouse gas emissions, and the efficient use of resources, including energy, raw materials, and water.
History of Responsible Care
Initiated in Canada in 1985, the ICCA’s Responsible Care programme has grown to include members in over 65 economies worldwide. Created from the understanding that chemical technologies create extraordinary societal value alongside the need to address industry challenges, the Responsible Care initiative utilises industry knowledge and skills to address the industry’s ethical, environmental, and performance considerations.
Here at Antala, we greatly look forward to working alongside the dedicated professionals at the ICCA as we continue to advance Responsible Care ethics to meet today’s industry demands whilst looking ahead to the future.
To learn more about the ICCA and its invaluable contributions to the chemical industry, visit www.icca-chem.org/responsible-care/