Direct response to market needs & trends
Threaded connections in high-temperature-exposed applications like turbines or turbochargers require health-friendly lubrication to avoid seizing and to provide proper tightening torque.
MOLYKOTE® P-3700 Anti-Seize Paste
- Provides controlled friction during assembly
- Makes threaded connections simple to release after long periods of time at elevated temperatures
- Is environmentally friendly and health-friendly – no hazard labelling and precautionary statements
- Is free of intentional chromium ingredients
- Significantly reduces the formation of hexavalent chromium when used on alloys with high chromium content at T >300°C
- Is free of any intentional calcium-based and magnesium-based ingredients
- Significantly reduces the formation of hexavalent chromium when used on chromium containing alloys at >300°C
- Wide service-temperature range: -30°C to 900°C
- Excellent heat resistance: Fully functional anti-seizing property up to 900°C; higher temperatures were not tested
- Provides controlled friction during assembly, supporting exact tensioning
- Very good load-carrying capacity: 4-ball weld load of ~3,000 N
Reliable, safe operation of gas & steam turbines, turbochargers
- Provides durable, decades-long performance, enabling maintenance after long periods of time at elevated temperatures to minimise material usage and waste
- Equipped with a friendly EHS profile (hazardous label-free) while still providing high performance under stress
- Prevents the formation of hazardous substances, even in high-temperature applications
MOLYKOTE® P-3700 Anti-Seize Paste provides repeatable constant forces over multiple tightenings (5), independent of screw type.
New MOLYKOTE® P-3700 Anti-Seize Paste successfully suppresses yellowish hexavalent chromium formation at high temperatures while still offering fully functional anti-seizing properties.
P-3700 was designed primarily for gas/steam turbine applications. Here temperatures above 900 °C are very unlikely respectively do not exist. Higher temperatures have not been tested.
Preliminary Technical Data
- Excellent anti-seize property, even after exposure up to 900°C
- Controlled friction during assembly, supporting exact tensioning
- High-purity paste
Benefits to Customers
- Significantly reduces Cr(VI) formation when used on alloys with high chromium content at T >300°C
- Threaded connections are simple to release after long periods of time at elevated temperatures
- Environmentally friendly and health-friendly – currently free of hazards
- Global availability