Industrial valves are often used in harsh environments with high temperatures, corrosive chemicals and dust particles. As a result, these valves usually require frequent maintenance to function properly over the long term. However, with Krytox oils and greases, the reliability of valves can be improved; reducing the need for costly maintenance and new valves.
Valves are prevalent in all industrial facilities, ranging from:
- Chemical manufacturing plants
- Paper production mills
- Water refineries
- Textiles factories
- Car manufacturing factories
Krytox Lubricants for Valves
Krytox high-performance lubricants and greases enable valves to resist corrosion, reduce friction, and increase performance. As a result, the wear life of valves is significantly improved. Overall, this allows costly maintenance processes to be reduced or eliminated due to increased reliability and performance of the lubricants.
The benefits of Krytox lubricants and greases, for industrial valve performance, include:
- Compatible with most chemicals found in industrial applications
- Chemically and biologically alert – stable and non-reactive
- Resistant to extreme temperatures
- Resistant to water, moisture, steam and disinfectants
- Unaffected by caustic or acidic cleaners
- Contain no volatile organic compounds (VOC)
Krytox lubricants can also be used for exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valves in automotive systems. These valves play a crucial role in reducing engine emissions, increasing fuel efficiency and improving engine performance. To learn more about the role of Krytox high-performance lubricants and greases in EGR industrial valves and the automotive industry, read our article “Krytox: Lubricants for EGR Valves“.