Since the first commercial application over 50 years ago, Krytox™ synthetic lubricants have delivered consistent, superior, extended performance. Today, with new additives for new challenges, Krytox™ lubricants continue to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Krytox™ is the lubricant of choice for demanding conditions —high and low temperatures, extreme pressure, and harsh environments.
Examples of Aviation-Related Applications
- Krytox™ 250AD grease provides long-life, high-temperature lubrication for aircraft fuel pumps, as well as helicopter hydraulic pump splines, to help prevent fretting corrosion and provide extended service life.
- Krytox™ 240AC grease has been used to extend the service life of UAV nose landing gear in harsh climates.
- Krytox™ greases are used in a variety of limited-motion mount systems associated with aircraft engines, such as an oil tank mount bracket for a Trent 1000 engine.
- Krytox™ AGL 683 grease provides filled-for-life performance for aircraft climate-control and nitrogen gas system valve actuator gearboxes.
- Krytox™ AGL 829 grease provides filled-for-life, flameproof performance for thrust reverser gearboxes.
- Krytox™ 240AC grease is compatible and non-reactive with a broad range of O-ring materials, allowing for extended service life and ease of assembly/disassembly. In addition, many Krytox™ lubricants specially designed for aviation applications are covered by MIL-Spec PRF-27617 and NSF H-1, approved for incidental food contact.
- Krytox™ 240AC grease is used in a wide variety of airframe applications, from engine mounts to fighter canopy slide rollers to aircraft seat-adjuster mechanisms.
- Krytox™ lubricants can be used to improve the performance of traditionally non-lubricated materials.