Textile Ring Spinning Machinery Lubrication
Textile ring spinning machinery is used for spinning fibres, of either cotton, flax or wool, to make yarn.
The ring-spinning process is a continuous process, involving many moving components. As a result, it’s essential that the moving parts are lubricated sufficiently, improving the durability and efficiency of the machine while reducing the chances of downtimes and frequency of maintenance.
The global ring-spinning machinery market is estimated to grow at a rate of 5.5% by 2030. This growth is accounted for by the increasing demand for synthetic fibres and plant fibres across the globe. This has led to ring-spinning manufacturers looking for the most innovative, cost-saving solutions to meet the industry’s growing demands while improving quality, safety and profitability.
Top Lubricants for Textile Ring Spinning Machinery
Lubrication plays a vital role in properly operating textile ring-spinning machinery. Through adequate and premium lubrication of the textile ring spinning machinery, the following benefits can be achieved:
- Reduced wear and friction – improving the durability and efficiency of the system.
- Resistance to humidity and water – avoiding water damage and repairs.
- Smooth, noiseless operation – reducing rattles and squeakiness.
- Corrosion and rust protection – avoiding maintenance and replacements.
- Increased lifespan of components – less requirement for repairs and maintenance.
Molykote 106 Anti-Friction Coating is a heat-curing dry film lubricant that can be used in textile ring spinning machinery. It provides maintenance-free, permanent lubrication of highly stressed friction combinations with low speeds or oscillating operation. It is ideal for use when design construction prevents the use of oil or grease, or where the risk of soiling is undesirable. Additionally, it can be used for dry lubricating locks, hinges, joints and magnetic armatures.
Through the use of Molykote 106 AFC, textile ring-spinning manufacturers can ensure:
- Full compatibility with yarn and metal material combinations
- Low yarn damage at high spinning speeds (22,000 RPM)
- Low noise and rattling while spinning
- Reduced friction and wear between components
- High load-carrying capacity
- Good adhesion of the lubricant to the components
In addition, Molykote lubricants have effectively been used in managing vibrational loads, reducing thread failure, lubricating bearings, avoiding microwelding of pipes, and sealing industrial furnaces; proving their reliable performance in extremely challenging environments.