Dupont’s BETASEAL 1590CT offers a high-end performance for manufacturing and maintenance teams (OEM’s and TIERS) in the rail sector by complying with rail regulations EN-45545-2.
Reduce costs and save time with Betaseal 1590CT
Betaseal 1590CT is a structural polyurethane adhesive for bonding and sealing windows in industrial vehicles. It has less retention time and a longer working time. All gluing and sealing is done with a single product, which is highly resistant to UV rays; allowing for reliable performance over an extended period of time.
Betaseal 1590CT is a perfect choice for companies in the railway sector looking to optimise their manufacturing, repair, and maintenance processes by reducing costs and increasing efficiency through reduced repair and maintenance needs.
These are some of its main characteristics:
Low temperature application
One of the main characteristics of Betaseal 1590CT is its ability to be applied at different temperatures; meaning that it does not require heat for a quick and efficient application. This is a main reason for such wide uses within the railway industry, regardless of where you are or what season of the year you are.
Its long working time and initial gripping force provide an efficient return to service time of the vehicle, allowing efficient repairs and maintenance tasks to be carried out. This in turn allows teams to reduce their costs and save on repair time, allowing for significant savings in the long term.
Complies with railway regulations EN-45545-2
As previously mentioned, Betaseal 1590CT is an adhesive approved by the EN45545-2 railway standard. This implies that it meets the fire and smoke specifications demanded by the sector.
- Extensive skin formation time of the adhesive designed for large surfaces
- Glued and sealed with a single product
- Highly resistant to UV rays
- Excellent grip ability, only 2 hours of vehicle retention time on all types of glass
- No need for primer on the remains of freshly cut PU cord
- High module, maintains the structural integrity of the vehicle
- Very good non-sag resistance
- Non-conductive adhesive, reduces interference with radio, mobile, GPS and other electronic devices to aid driving
- Cold applicable, no need to heat up (-5 ° C to + 40 ° C)
- Wide open time
- Complies with the EN-45545-2 standard
Main applications of The Adhesive
- Front and side windows
- In cabin windows
- Fixed windows, sliding and sash windows
- Interior and exterior panels made of composite materials
- Painted pillars
- Trunks and luggage racks
- Aesthetic interior and exterior sealing
- Gap filling