Merbenit IA45 Fast Strength adhesive
Merbenit IA45 is a contact SMP adhesive for application in very thin lines on one or both sides and builds up strength very quickly.
The Merbenit SMP base provides very good adhesion even on difficult plastics.
Free from solvents, isocyanates & silicone, low odour SMP Merbenit IA45 offers high strength flexible ‘contact’ adhesion to a range of substrates.
- 750 ml tins
- 600 ml sausages
- 16 kg drums
- 20 Ltr. Drums
- Merbenit sealants and adhesives cure to permanent elastomers
- They are suitable for joints and sealed bondings, making them flexible, dynamically loadable and resistant to environmental influences
Merbenit IA45 product features
- Easy processing
- Chemical neutral polymerisation
- Free of solvents, silicones, isocyanates and pungent odours
- Permanently elastic and stress compensating
- No deformation of thin plastic sheets due to heat development during curing process
- The use of adhesion promoter (primer) can often be dispensed
- Very low volume shrinkage
- Bonded parts short-time correctable
- Self-levelling, good elongation, 10 minutes tooling time for exact alignment coupled with high strength
- Installation of sound absorbing elements, large area bonding, bonding of honeycomb panels, sandwich panel, etc.
- Flexible bonding in the areas of metal, apparatus and machine construction, plastics technology, air-conditioning and ventilation systems, car body, commercial vehicle and container construction.
Thanks to fast crosslinking, it is possible to bond parts in continuous working process.
The neutral polymerisation allows a connection without thermal or chemical pre-treatment of the assembly parts. Counterbalancing tolerances.
SMP Merbenit IA45 is suitable for bonding:
- Sandwich panels
- Z.P. steel.
- Fiberglass epoxide
- Fiberglass polyester
- Anodised aluminium
- Aluminium raw
- Automotive alloy 6016
- Steel V4A
- Insulating foams
This versatile, flexible adhesive has the benefits of a contact adhesive with the ability to correct bonded products large or small.
Apply to one surface, SMP Merbenit IA45 can be applied with brush, roller or spray.
- Due to the diversity of varnishes and paints in the market we recommend preliminary tests.
- When fully cured, short term exposure to elevated temperatures.
- Good against water, aliphatic solvents, oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis
- Moderate against esters, ketone and aromatics
- Not resistant against concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Other colours are available upon request