Merbenit PC200 is a fast curing, elastic sealant and adhesive with especially high and fast strength building. Based on SMP it adheres to various materials and substrates. Furthermore it is suitable particularly for subsequent thermal and powder coating.
Product advantages of Merbenit PC200
Table of Contents
- Resistant up to + 240°C for powder and thermal coating short-term
- Fast crosslinking even at low temperatures and moisture impermeable materials
- High final strength
- Simple processing
- Free of solvents, isocyanates and silicones
- Very wide adhesion range
- Compatible with paints
- Permanently elastic from – 40°C to + 90°C
- Very good sealing properties
- Non-corrosive on surfaces
- Corrosion protecting
- Vibration absorbing
Technical data Merbenit PC200
- Shore-A-hardness, DIN 53505 57
- Modulus elongation at 100%, DIN 53504 S2 ca. 2.0 N/mm²
- Elongation at break, DIN 53504 S2 ca. 250 %
- Tensile strength, DIN 53504 S2 ca. 2.8 N/mm²
- Consistency, DIN EN ISO 7390 stable
- Tooling time max. 8 min.
- Curing rate after 24h ≥ 2.5 mm
- Curing rate after 48h ≥ 3.5 mm
- Density 1.50 ± 0.05 g/cm³
- Volume change, DIN EN ISO 10563 ≤ 4 %
- Temperature resistance after curing – 40 °C to + 90 °C
- Application temperature + 5 °C to + 40 °C
- All measurements were performed under normal conditions (23 °C and 50 % relative humidity).
Merbenit PC200 TDS (.pdf)
Application Merbenit PC200
Flexible bonding and sealing in the areas of metal, apparatus and machine construction, plastics technology, air-conditioning and ventilation systems, car body, wagon, vehicle and container construction.
Thanks to fast crosslinking it is possible to bond parts in continous working process. The neutral polymerisation allows a connection without thermal or chemical pre-treatment of the assembly parts. Counterbalancing tolerances.
After fully cure the product can be heated for a short time up to 240°C for powder coating and thermo laquering (see chart / additional information). Due to the diversity of systems on the market we recommend preliminary tests.
Substrate range Merbenit PC200
Suitable materials are metals, powder-coated, varnished, galvanised, anodised, chromed or hot zinc dipped surfaces, various plastics, ceramics, stone, concrete and wood. Due to the large variety of different plastics and compositions as well as materials which are susceptible cracks, preliminary tests are recommended.
Available in www.antala.uk