Molykote P-1042 Adhesive Paste
Performance and reliability while resisting flushing with water and aggressive coolants
Industrial manufacturers are using increasingly aggressive cooling fluids in clamping mechanisms such as lathe spindles. As a result, the lubricants used in clamping mechanisms must become highly resistant minimise relubrication cycles and reduce downtimes. This is just one of the potential applications of Molykote P-1042, thanks to its unique characteristics that allow it to function with very high loads and the presence of water or chemicals.
Molykote’s adhesive grease paste offers:
- High load carrying capacity
- Excellent resistance to washout by water and metalworking emulsions
- Avoidance of tribo-corrosion
- Prevention of sticking and slipping effect (stick-slip)
- Excellent protection against contact corrosion and galling
- Allows the planned and prolonged level of clamping force.
- Reduces downtime and frequency of relubrication.
- Environmentally friendly and sustainable.
Excellent resistance to water washout and metal machining emulsions
As manufacturers continue to use more aggressive coolants in metal machinery and clamping mechanisms such as lathe chucks, highly washout-resistant lubricants with reliable tribological performance are a requirement to reduce downtime and minimise relubrication cycles.
As the Molykote P-1042 adhesive grease paste provides excellent water resistance, it can be the perfect solution for any manufacturer using strong coolants in clamping mechanisms.
Static machining fluid compatibility test
The grease was immersed in machining fluid emulsion at 23°C , while occasionally being shaken by hand, in order to test if it is soluble in the emulsion.
Properties of Molykote P-1042 Adhesive Grease Paste
Note: these values are not intended to be used in preparing specifications.