In this article we explore the significance of having a skilled, organised and available repair team and how to best optimize it to ensure superb results for every repair.
The effectiveness of a repair solution ultimately depends on the quality, availability and utilisation of its delivery by the repair team. To ensure a smooth and organised repair process, especially in uncertain or extreme conditions, it takes more than just skilled technicians. Achieving optimal results for repairs and maintenance is brought about through several factors which involve and affect the repair team, such the initial distance from the team to the repair site, the correct utilisation of the team, and the cost of hiring. Therefore, it’s essential that the repair team is skilful, available and used effectively. An effective repair team, combined with the use of fast-acting structural adhesives such as Araldite® 2050 and Araldite® 2051, compound to give optimal results for all your repairs.
Tips for optimising your repair team
- Consider easy-to-use repair solutions that don’t require expert level technical knowledge to operate.
- Review your product range to ensure fast-acting adhesives and sealants are ready to be used by your team. Ensure that costly contractors are utilised efficiently by stocking up on fast repair solutions that can be completed in one step, instead of multiple steps.
- Review your training requirements to ensure that highly skilled staff are always available when you need them, rather than when they are available.
Advantages of having a better optimised repair team
- Greater satisfaction of employees due to having a more sophisticated skill set, making them a more valuable member of the company.
- Reduced requirement for specialists to be present as standby options.
- Higher workforce safety due to more skilled staff.
- An overall reduction of downtime and increase of productivity.
An outdoor signage needed to be repaired urgently, regardless of the outdoor conditions, with a weather-proof and fast-acting solution. The customer demanded the use of a product that worked at low temperatures and provided high strength bonds. Additionally, the solution used needed to have no sensitivity to humidity or cold. The team decided to use the Araldite® 2050 and Araldite® 2051 structural adhesives for adverse conditions, which offer a quick build-up of functional strength and work towards an efficient repair process.