The Importance of Plant Lubrication Selection
Investing in a high-quality lubrication selection for your chemical plant is a sure way to drive up performance and safety while reducing costs and improving profitability. While lubricants only account for approximately 1% of a plant’s operating costs, they can end up saving more than 50% of a plant’s typical maintenance costs.
Neglecting high-quality lubrication in plants can lead to:
- More frequent re-lubrication
- Unexpected downtimes
- Increased maintenance
- Increased costs
- Reduced profit margins
- Higher demand in the workforce
Factors That Influence Plant Lubrication
Manufacturers and plant operators must be aware of the factors that influence plant lubrication.
Firstly, it’s vital to understand the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications that you are working with. This ensures that the equipment warranty won’t be voided should equipment break while still under warranty.
Other factors that need to be considered when optimising lubrication selection include:
- Thermal stability
- Hydrolytic stability
- Lubricating ability
- Fire resistance
- Seal material compatibility
- Oxidation ability
High-performance lubrication brand Krytox provides long-lasting lubrication solutions that can be used to optimise the performance, sustainability and profitability of chemical plants.
Krytox unique PFPE lubricants can help optimise plants by providing:
- Performance over a wide temperature range (from -75 °C to greater than 400 °C)
- Resistance to chemical attacks
- Low evaporation – almost zero evaporation or chemical changes over the many years of a machine’s service life.
- High compatibility – no reaction with painted surfaces, elastomeric materials, etc.
- Equipment lifecycle extension – through decreasing wear
- Long-lasting lubrication
- Odourless, colourless, non-toxic, insoluble and inert lubrication
Discover our full range of Krytox lubrication solutions and get in touch with us to assist you with your plant lubrication selection.