Araldite CW 229 / HV 229-1 is a high temperature, filled epoxy encapsulation system which provides high crack and thermal shock resistance.
This system is recommended for the manufacture of electrically insulating components and for use as electrical insulation for indoor medium and high voltage applications including SF6 insulated types.
Please note: Araldite CW 229-3/HW 229-1 is the brown version.
- Indoor electrical insulation material for post insulators, equipment parts, bushings, instrument and dry type distribution transformers, switchgears
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Good dielectric properties
- Good processability
- Adequate working life at processing temperatures
- Rapid gelation at mold temperatures of 140°C and above
- Excellent mechanical and electrical properties
- Excellent fracture toughness characteristics
- Excellent performance in applications requiring thermal cycling
- Recognized insulation component with Thermal Index of 200°C
This product is part of the Huntsman Araldite range