Betamate 7185-1F is a one component, high performance polyurethane adhesive which can be warm applied, providing ‘quick-fix’ function. Quick fix offers a high green strength/sag resistance, giving bonded parts an instant grab, allowing products to be moved and processed faster.
BETAMATE structural adhesives are used in the earliest stage in body design to increase stiffness for improved crash resistance and to reduce vibrations.
- The adhesive is designed for replacing welds and mechanical fasteners in the automotive industry.
- Ideal for the fixation of commercial vehicle direct glazing, roof, panel and floor assemblies.
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Contributes to lightweight design flexibility and safety
- Joins multi-material and hard to weld substrates, including high-strength steel, aluminium and magnesium
- Improves durability by reducing fatigue and failure commonly found around spot welds and fasteners
- Seals against environmental conditions that cause corrosion
- Provides potential to lower cost by reducing welds and gauge without losing mechanical properties
- Lab and full-vehicle testing of new crash-resistant structural adhesives show improved crash-resistant performance without any weight increase
This product is part of the Dow Automotive range