DOWSIL Q3-1566 / DOW CORNING Q3-1566 Heat Resistant Adhesive/Sealant
Dowsil Q3-1566 / Dow Corning Q3-1566 is a high temperature resistant silicone sealant.
DOWSIL Q3-1566 / DOW CORNING Q3-1566 Heat Resistant Adhesive/Sealant - Description
Dowsil Q3-1566 formerly Dow Corning Q3-1566 is a one component adhesive / sealant for sealing and bonding applications that are exposed to high temperatures of +275°C.
This silicone sealant is easy to apply and non-sagging making it suitable for vertical applications and for filling gaps to create a tight seal.
When exposed to moisture in the air, Dowsil Q3-1566 will cure at room temperature to form a tough, flexible rubber. This adhesive remains flexible and stable from -50 to 275°C.
- Dowsil Q3-1566 can be used to seal industrial ovens and boilers, domestic cookers, ceramic hobs, cookers and other heating equipment.
- Other applications include flanges in equipment in chemical plants, automotive oil and other coolant sealing applications.
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- One component adhesive/sealant
- Heat resistant
- Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air
- Acetoxy cure system
- Non-sag paste
- Easy to apply
- Good adhesion on many substrates
- Stable and flexible from -50°C to +275°C
- Cures to a rough, flexible rubber
- Black colour
- Surfaces must be clean and dry
- To degrease surfaces, use a solvent such as isopropyl alcohol or using an impregnated wipe like Wipemaster Wipe 9 IPA Wet Wipes to remove loose particles and debris
- Dowsil 1200 OS Primer can be used before applying the product to improve the adhesion
- Dowsil 1200 OS Primer can be applied by dipping, brushing or spraying the product onto the substrate
- Allow the primer to dry for 15-90 minutes at room temperature with a humidity of 50% or higher
Always read the product Technical data sheet before applying the product.
This product is part of the DOWSIL range