Merbenit IA45 is a SMP industrial adhesive with fast cross-linking properties that make it possible to bond parts in continuous working process.
As a solvent free adhesive, it provides strong adhesion to a range of substrates without any odour.
The neutral polymerisation allows a connection without thermal or chemical pre-treatment of the assembly parts.
The product has a tensile strength of 2.8MPa, temperature resistance (°C/°F): -40 to +90°C (-40 to 194°F).
- Suitable for metal, apparatus and machine construction, plastics technology, air-conditioning and ventilation systems, car body, commercial vehicle and container construction.
- Installation of sound absorbing elements, large area bonding, bonding of honeycomb panels, sandwich panel, etc.
- Used in automobile, rail, transport and general industry.
- Grey colour
- Free of solvents, silicones and isocyanates
- Low odour
- Flexible adhesive
- Permanent elastic and stress compensating
- Very low volume shrinkage
- Bonded parts short-time correctable
- Self-levelling, good elongation, 10 minutes tooling time for exact alignment coupled with high strength
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Good against water, aliphatic solvents, oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis
- Moderate against esters, ketone and aromatics
- Not resistant against concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Ensure the surface is clean, durable and free of dust, oil and grease.
- Apply the adhesive/sealant promptly to the prepared surface.
Depending on the substrate, a mechanical or chemical pre-treatment is recommended.
- Apply the adhesive in a thin layer on one or both sides of the substrate.
- Use a suitable brush, roller or spray gun with adjustable air and fluid output.
This product is part of the Merbenit range