Merbenit MB55 is a one component, high strength, elastic adhesive capable of bonding a wide range of materials and surfaces. The adhesive can be used for flexible and heavy loaded joints.
Merbenit MB55 is odourless, weatherproof and resistant to aging making it suitable for marine applications that are exposed to the environment.
The adhesive meets the requirements of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) FTPC Parts 2+5.
- Flexible bonding of winches, plates, hatches, skirting boards, tubes braces, profiles, stiffenings, fixtures, fittings, deck fittings, frames, floor plates, boxes, booths, panels, sandwich panels, lightweight panels, containers, trailers, floor tiles, covers, bezels, cuffs and edge protection.
- Compatible with paints
- Simple processing
- Wide adhesion range
- Permanently elastic, good mechanical strength
- Chemical neutral polymerisation
- Impact and vibration resistant (shock absorbing)
- Very good sealing properties
- Shortly resistant up to +200°C for powder and thermal coating
- Tolerance compensating
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Good against water, oils, grease, aliphatic solvents, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis
- Moderate against esters, ketone and aromatics
- Not resistant against concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons
This product is part of the Merbenit range