Merbenit SF50 SMP adhesive
Merbenit SF50 is a permanently flexible SMP based adhesive with high and quick strength build-up. The adhesive provides good adhesion to various materials and surfaces.
Merbenit SF50 SMP adhesive - Description
Merbenit SF50 is a one component, elastic adhesive based on SMP (Silane Modified Polymer).
The adhesive is odourless and free of solvents, isocyanates and silicones.
Merbenit SF50 has a fast crosslinking composition even at low temperatures and when fully cured, the adhesive has a high tensile strength (3 N/mm2).
Chemical pre-treatment is not required.
The product is available in white and black.
- Suitable for bonding metal, apparatus and machine construction, plastics technology, air-conditioning and ventilation systems, wagon, vehicle and container construction.
- Used in the automotive industry for restoration and sealing on door folds, fender, front and rear panels, boot floors, strut mountings as well as roof and cover bracing. Sealing perpend joints and overlaps, component parts such as spoilers and aprons.
- High final strength
- Fast cross- linking even at low temperatures
- Odourless and free of solvents, isocyanates and silicones
- Permanently elastic from -40°C to +90°C
- Shortly resistant up to +200°C for powder and thermal coating
- Non-corrosive on surfaces
- Impact and vibration resistant (shock absorbing)
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Good against water, aliphatic solvents, oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis
- Moderate against esters, ketone and aromatics
- Not resistant against concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Ensure the surface is clean, durable and free of dust, oil and grease.
- Apply the adhesive/sealant promptly to the prepared surface.
- Can be applied directly from the cartridge/bag using a suitable caulking gun (manual, air, battery) or using automatic dispensing equipment
- V-nozzles are recommended for bonding applications
- Cut the nozzle tip according to the joint width
- Depending on the bonding surface, material expansion, tension and mechanical stresses a layer thickness of 1 – 6 mm is recommended
- For vapour permeable substrates the material can be applied in a large area using a notched trowel
This product is part of the Merbenit range