Merbenit ST40 can be applied to seam and joint sealings with different surface structures and can be used for bonding large areas.
The adhesive is odourless and free of solvents, isocyanates and silicones.
The neutral polymerisation allows a connection without thermal or chemical pre-treatment of the assembly parts.
Merbenit ST40 Applications
- Suitable for large surface bonding and sealing areas including metal, apparatus and machine construction, plastics technology, air conditioning and ventilation systems, car body, wagon, vehicle and container construction.
- Bonding panels, decorative elements, synthetic covers, seam and joint sealing with texture.
Merbenit ST40 Features
- Long processing time
- Odourless and free of solvents, isocyanates and silicones
- Wide adhesion range
- Compatible with paints
- Shortly resistant up to +200°C for powder and thermal coating
- Gap and crack bridging
- Permanently elastic
- Very good sealing properties
- Non-corrosive on surfaces
- Impact and vibration resistant (shock absorbing)
- Good against water, aliphatic solvents, oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis
- Moderate against esters, ketone and aromatics
- Not resistant against concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Can be applied directly from the cartridge/bag using a suitable caulking gun (manual, air, battery) or using automatic dispensing equipment
- The product can be spread using a spatula or brush on the surface
- For large area bonds the product can be applied with a notched trowel on the surface
- Spray pattern can be applied with an air and application quantity controlling spray caulking gun. All structure types according to OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) can be set. The width and limitation of the seam can be additionally varied by the spraying distance. For bonding on large surfaces the curing can be significantly accelerated with spraying water (approx. 10g/m²). The bonding must take place within the processing time.
For more information on the Merbenit range, please click here