Merbenit XS55 is a high strength, SMP adhesive sealant that bonds materials of different heat expansions including CFRP (carbon fibre-reinforced plastic), acrylic glass and metals.
With a tensile strength of 5 N/mm2 and an elongation at break of 500%, the adhesive is suitable for low-stress and high-strength bonding applications.
Merbenit XS55 has high mechanical stability and is shock absorbing making it suitable for the automotive and construction industry.
The adhesive is odourless and free of solvents, isocyanates and silicones.
Merbenit XS55 Applications
- High strength and flexible bonding of metal, apparatus and machine construction, plastics technology, air-conditioning and ventilation systems, car body, wagon, vehicle and container construction.
- Flexible adhesion applications – signs, strips, diagonal braces, profiles, stiffenings, fixtures, fittings, plates, sheet metals, receptacles, boxes, cabins, disguises, sandwich components, containers, constructions, bottom covers, frames, panels, coverings, shields, cuffs, nosing.
Merbenit XS55 Features
- High elasticity, good mechanical strength
- Compatible with paints
- Simple processing
- Long processing time
- Free of solvents, isocyanates and silicones
- Wide adhesion range
- Non-corrosive on surfaces
- Impact and vibration resistant (shock absorbing)
- Grindable and paintable
- Very good sealing properties
- Good against water, aliphatic solvents, oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis
- Moderate against esters, ketone and aromatics
- Not resistant against concentrated acids and chlorinated hydrocarbons
- Waterproof and resistant to aging
For more information on the Merbenit range, please click here