Permabond 105 single component cyanoacrylate adhesive ideal for use on hard-to-bond plastics and rubbers that polymerize rapidly when pressed into a thin film between parts. The moisture adsorbed on the surface initiates the curing of the adhesive. Strong bonds are developed extremely fast and on a great variety of materials. These properties make Permabond 105 ideal for high speed production lines.
Permabond 105 Applications
- For use on hard-to-bond plastics and rubbers such as natural rubber, EPDM and butyl rubber.
Permabond 105 Features
- Natural and synthetic rubber bonding
- Ideal for hard to bond plastics
- Ease of use –no mixing or heat cure
- Bonds most materials
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Approved to MIL-A-46050C Type II Class 1 (existing designs)
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces.
- Some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- Apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
- Bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
- Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
- Do not disturb or re-align until sufficient strength is achieved, normally in a few seconds.
- Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane or acetone.
NB: For difficult or porous surfaces using a Permabond activator is recommended. If bonding polypropylene, polyethylene, PTFE or silicone, prime first with Permabond Polyolefin Primer (POP).