Permabond 105 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive for Bonding Rubber
Permabond 105 Cyanoacrylate Adhesive for Bonding Rubber - Description
Permabond 105 single component cyanoacrylate adhesive ideal for use on hard-to-bond plastics and rubbers that polymerize rapidly when pressed into a thin film between parts.
The moisture adsorbed on the surface initiates the curing of the adhesive. Strong bonds are developed extremely fast and on a great variety of materials. These properties make
Permabond 105 ideal for high speed production lines.
- For use on hard-to-bond plastics and rubbers such as natural rubber, EPDM and butyl rubber.
- Natural and synthetic rubber bonding
- Ideal for hard to bond plastics
- Ease of use –no mixing or heat cure
- Bonds most materials
- 100% reactive, no solvents
- Approved to MIL-A-46050C Type II Class 1 (existing designs)
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces.
- Some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- Apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
- Bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
- Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
- Do not disturb or re-align until sufficient strength is achieved, normally in a few seconds.
- Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane or acetone.
NB: For difficult or porous surfaces using a Permabond activator is recommended. If bonding polypropylene, polyethylene, PTFE or silicone, prime first with Permabond Polyolefin Primer (POP).
How to use cyanoacrylate adhesives
This product is part of the Permabond range