Permabond 2011 can be used on metals, plastics, elastomers, ceramics and wood. Cyanoacrylate adhesives are single component adhesives that polymerize rapidly when pressed into a thin film between parts. The moisture adsorbed on the surface initiates the curing of the adhesive. Strong bonds are developed extremely fast and on a great variety of materials. These properties make Permabond 2011 cyanoacrylate the ideal adhesive for high speed production lines.
Permabond 2011 Applications
- Used for bonding vertical and porous substrates, metals, elastomers, plastics, wood, and ceramics.
Permabond 2011 Features
- Surface insensitive
- Fast cure
- Easy to apply and dispense
- High temperature resistance
- Maximum gap filling capability
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces.
- Some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- Apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
- Bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
- Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
- Do not disturb or re-align until sufficient strength is achieved, normally in a few seconds.
- Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane or acetone.
NB: For difficult or porous surfaces using a Permabond activator is recommended. If bonding polypropylene, polyethylene, PTFE or silicone, prime first with Permabond Polyolefin Primer (POP).