Permabond 2011 Cyanoacrylate Surface Insensitive Gel
Permabond 2011 Cyanoacrylate Surface Insensitive Gel - Description
Permabond 2011 can be used on metals, plastics, elastomers, ceramics and wood.
Cyanoacrylate adhesives are single component adhesives that polymerize rapidly when pressed into a thin film between parts. The moisture adsorbed on the surface initiates the curing of the adhesive. Strong bonds are developed extremely fast and on a great variety of materials. These properties make
Permabond 2011 cyanoacrylate the ideal adhesive for high speed production lines.
- Used for bonding vertical and porous substrates, metals, elastomers, plastics, wood, and ceramics.
- Surface insensitive
- Fast cure
- Easy to apply and dispense
- High temperature resistance
- Maximum gap filling capability
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces.
- Some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- Apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
- Bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
- Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
- Do not disturb or re-align until sufficient strength is achieved, normally in a few seconds.
- Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane or acetone.
NB: For difficult or porous surfaces using a Permabond activator is recommended. If bonding polypropylene, polyethylene, PTFE or silicone, prime first with Permabond Polyolefin Primer (POP).
Cyanoacrylate directions for use video
This product is part of the Permabond range