Permabond 947 Instant Adhesive with maximum Gap Filling
Permabond 947 Instant Adhesive with maximum Gap Filling - Description
Permabond 947 is a single component, cyanoacrylate adhesive with low odour and non-bloom.
This adhesive does not require mixing or heating, making it easy to use.
This adhesive eliminates unsightly fogging next to bond lines, which is a commonly seen with other cyanoacrylate adhesives on a hot and humid day.
Permabond 947 can be used to bond a wide range of substrates.
- Multi-purpose structural adhesive for bonding different materials and surfaces
- Low odour for improved worker comfort
- Non-frosting –good aesthetic appearance
- Ease of use –no mixing or heat cure
- Bonds most materials
- 100% reactive, no solvents
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces.
- Some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- Apply the adhesive sparingly to one surface.
- Bring the components together quickly and correctly aligned.
- Apply sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads into a thin film.
- Do not disturb or re-align until sufficient strength is achieved, normally in a few seconds.
- Any surplus adhesive can be removed with Permabond CA solvent, nitromethane or acetone.
NB: For difficult or porous surfaces using a Permabond activator is recommended. If bonding polypropylene, polyethylene, PTFE or silicone, prime first with Permabond Polyolefin Primer (POP).
How to use Cyanoacrylate adhesives
This product is part of the Permabond range