Permabond A1042 Anaerobic Threadlocker
Permabond A1042 is a rapid curing adhesive designed to lock and seal metal parts that subsequently may need to be dismantled for maintenance.
Permabond A1042 Anaerobic Threadlocker - Description
- Lock and seal metal parts that subsequently may need to be dismantled for maintenance
- A1042 can withstand higher temperatures for brief periods (such as for paint baking and wave soldering processes) providing the joint is not unduly stressed. The minimum temperature the cured adhesive can be exposed to is -55°C (-65°F) depending on the materials being bonded.
- This product is not recommended for use in contact with oxygen, oxygen rich systems and other strong oxidizing materials. This product may adversely affect some thermoplastics and users must check compatibility of the product with such substrates before using.
- Rapid cure
- Vibration resistant
- Lubricates threads for easier assembly
- Provides corrosion protection
- 12MPa Shear strength
- >100°C Flash point
- 1.08 Relative density
- 8000MPas Viscosity
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
Regulations / Approvals
- WRAS listed for contact with wholesome (potable) water
Threadlocking instructions video
Though the anaerobic adhesives will tolerate a slight degree of surface contamination, best results are obtained on clean, dry and grease free surfaces. The use of a suitable solvent-based cleaner (such as acetone or isopropanol) is recommended. In general, roughened surfaces (~25μm) give higher bond strengths than polished or ground surfaces. To reduce the curing time, especially on inactive surfaces (such as zinc, aluminium and stainless steel), the use of Permabond A905 or ASC10 can be considered.
Directions for Use
- Prevent the tip from touching metal surfacesduring application.
- When working with through holes, dispense a bead of material across the contact length of thethreads.
- When working with blind holes, apply several drops down the threads to the bottom of the hole.
- Assemble and torque the parts as necessary.
- Replace lid to bottle to avoid contamination of remaining liquid adhesive
This product is part of the Permabond range