Permabond ES550 Single-part, heat-cure Epoxy
Permabond ES550 Single-part, heat-cure Epoxy - Description
- Ideal for bonding for bonding a wide range of materials including metals, ferrites, ceramics and composites.
- Very high adhesive strength
- Excellent resistance to vibration
- Easy to use – no mixing required
- High shear and peel strength
- Good impact strength
- High temperature resistance
- Good resistance to chemicals
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces.
- Some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- The adhesive should be dispensed from the cartridge via the nozzle supplied (this can be cut to give the appropriate sized bead to cover the bond area).
- Apply the adhesive to one surface and avoid entrapping air.
- Assemble parts applying sufficient pressure to ensure the adhesive spreads to cover the entire bond area.
- Use a jig / clamp to prevent parts moving during cure.
- It is advisable not to disturb the joint until the adhesive is fully cured.
- Cure with heat – see page one for cure schedule
This product is part of the Permabond range