- Adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and surfaces
- Bond untreated polyolefin surfaces to a wide variety of other substrate materials
- Ideal for bonding polypropylene and polyethylene
- It can also be used to bond a wide variety of other materials such as metals and composites
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Bonds untreated polypropylene and polyethylene
- Adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- Full cure at room temperature
- No primer required
- Good impact strength
- Good chemical resistance
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before the adhesive application.
- Polyolefin surfaces may have traces of mold release agent present – wipe with isopropanol (IPA) solvent and allow to fully evaporate before bonding.
- If bonding to metal: some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from a light abrasion with an emery cloth to remove the oxide layer. You can read more about Surface Preparation here
Directions for Use
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and grease-free.
- Apply a thin bead of the adhesive pre-mixed through a static mixer nozzle.
- Assemble components and clamp.
- Maintain pressure until handling strength is achieved. The time required will vary according to the joint design and surfaces being bonded.
- Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
NB: Adhesive outside of a closed joint (i.e. excess material) will cure more slowly and may feel soft due to air contact. Adhesive inside the joint will cure solid.
This product is part of the Permabond range