Permabond HM165 Applications
- Adhesion for cylindrical parts and where high temperature resistance is required
- The thixotropic effect allows for larger tolerances
- Ideal for bonding polypropylene and polyethylene
- It can also be used to bond a wide variety of other materials such as metals and composites
Permabond HM165 Features
- Very high strength
- Easy to apply
- Improved fatigue life
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High temperature resistance
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
Retaining instructions video
- Though the anaerobic adhesives will tolerate a slight degree of surface contamination, best results are obtained on clean, dry and grease free surfaces. The use of a suitable solvent-based cleaner (such as acetone or isopropanol) is recommended.
- In general, roughened surfaces (~25μm) give higher bond strengths than polished or ground surfaces.
- To reduce the curing time, especially on inactive surfaces (such as zinc, aluminium and stainless steel), the use of Permabond A905 or ASC10 can be considered
Directions for Use
- Apply a circumferential bead; preferentially to the female component.
- Assemble with a twisting action.
- For larger components use thixotropic products to prevent run off.
- Take care to ensure adhesive does not enter ball races or other mechanisms
This product is part of the Permabond range