- Adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and surfaces
- Bond untreated polyolefin surfaces to a wide variety of other substrate materials
- Ideal for bonding polypropylene and polyethylene
- It can also be used to bond a wide variety of other materials such as metals and composites
- Rapid cure
- Full cure at room temperature
- Bonds polyolefins
- No primer required
- Good impact strength
- Good chemical resistance
- No need to flame, corona, or plasma treat surfaces before bonding = cost & process saving
- Easy 1:1 mix ratio – can be manually applied or used with automatic dispensing equipment
- Non-hazardous for transport = easier shipping and storage
- Some strength on PTFE
- Slower curing TA4620 grade available on request.
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
Permabond TA4610 directions for use
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive.
- Polyolefin surfaces may have traces of mold release agent present – wipe with isopropanol (IPA) solvent and allow to fully evaporate before bonding.
- If bonding to metal: some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar) to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- Prevent the tip from
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and grease-free prior to bonding.
- Apply a thin bead of adhesive pre-mixed through a static mixer nozzle.
- Assemble components and clamp.
- Maintain pressure until handling strength is achieved. The time required will vary according to the joint design and surfaces being bonded.
- Allow 24 hours for adhesive to fully cure.
NB: Adhesive outside of a closed joint (i.e. excess material) will cure more slowly and may feel soft due to air contact. Adhesive inside the joint will cure solid.
This product is part of the Permabond range