Permabond UV630 is a single component adhesive that has excellent adhesion to a variety of plastics including polycarbonate. Permabond UV630 has very high shear strength, elongation and impact resistance making it ideal for applications that require substrates with different coefficients of thermal expansion.
Permabond UV630 Applications
- Bonding a wide range of plastics including polycarbonate
- Applications that require substrates with different coefficients of thermal expansion
Permabond UV630 Features
- Cure on demand
- High shear strength
- Fast curing with low – power lamps
- 100% solids, no solvents
- Excellent adhesion to plastics
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- ISO 10993 – 5 Cytotoxicity
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying the adhesive. Use a suitable solvent (such as acetone or isopropanol) for the degreasing of surfaces.
- Some metals such as aluminium, copper and its alloys will benefit from light abrasion with emery cloth (or similar), to remove the oxide layer.
Directions for Use
- Adhesive can either be applied directly from the bottle or dispensed via automated dispensing equipment for more accurate dosing. Minimise exposure of product to ambient light.
- It is important to try to prevent air entrapment within the joint as this could be detrimental to the finished appearance of the adhesive.
- Parts should be firmly held and not disturbed during cure. Expose the joint to ultra-violet light for the appropriate time to ensure full cure. Cure time depends on the power of the UV lamp, its spectral output, the distance between the lamp and the components, and the transmission characteristics of the substrates.
- For help selecting a suitable lamp and/or dispensing equipment, please contact Antala technical helpline.
Plastic bonding UV instructions
This product is part of the Permabond range