Permabond POP is a surface pretreatment for silicones, polyolefins and PTFE before bonding with cyanoacrylate adhesives.
These plastics such as polypropylene and polyethylene have low surface energy which makes it difficult to bond without a surface treatment. Permabond POP Primer can be used to increase the bond strength and adhesion to these surfaces.
This adhesion promoter is fluorescent for easy detection under UV light (375 nm) and can be used as an alternative to other pre-treatments such as Plasma, Corona and Flame.
Other recommended posts: Frequently Asked Questions about Permabond POP Primer
- Ideal for bonding plastics such as PTFE, Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE) and Silicone rubber.
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Suitable for all Permabond cyanoacrylate adhesives
- Colourless liquid
- Easy to use
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and grease-free before applying Permabond POP
- Brush, wipe, dip or spray Permabond POP on the low energy surface.
- Allow the components to dry completely before bonding.
Polyolefin – Bond within 2 hours of the POP treatment (depending on the type of polyolefin)
PTFE – Bond Immediately.
- To achieve the maximum bond strength, allow the adhesive to cure for 24 hours at 23°C.
How to use Permabond Polyolefin POP Primer
This product is part of the Permabond range