Case Study: Securing Indoor Light Switches
A light switch manufacturer was looking for an effective bonding and sealing solution. This adhesive was to secure light switches within their casing and fix wobbly switches that were malfunctioning.
The requirements for the new adhesive included being able to:
- Bond phenolic moulding to plated steel
- Operate in-service temperatures -10°C to +60°C.
- Bond to overlap join designs
- Require minimal surface preparation
Adhesive experts worked with the company to determine Araldite 2053 as the ideal bonding solution in this case.
Araldite 2053 is a flexible adhesive that allows the bonding of different materials. It exhibits great performance with materials with different thermal expansion rates.
As a result of using Araldite 2053, the indoor light switch application benefited in various ways, including:
- Quick curing – enabling fast repairs
- Durable bonding between phenolic moulding to plated steel
- Low cost
- Greater reliability of light switches
- Improved customer satisfaction