Araldite CW 229/HV 229-1 epoxy casting system
Araldite CW 229/HW 229-1 is a high temperature, filled epoxy encapsulation system.
Araldite CW 229/HV 229-1 epoxy casting system - Description
Araldite CW 229/HW 229-1 is a two component epoxy casting system which provides high crack and thermal shock resistance.
Araldite CW 229/HW 229-1 is recommended for the manufacture of electrically insulating components and for use as electrical insulation for indoor medium and high voltage applications including SF6 insulated types.
Please note: Araldite CW 229-3/HW 229-1 is the brown version.
- Araldite CW 229/HW 229-1 can be used as an indoor electrical insulation material for post insulators, equipment parts, bushings, instrument and dry type distribution transformers, switchgears
For pack sizes, please see Additional Information.
- Good dielectric properties
- Good processability
- Adequate working life at processing temperatures
- Rapid gelation at mold temperatures of 140°C and above
- Excellent mechanical and electrical properties
- Excellent fracture toughness characteristics
- Excellent performance in applications requiring thermal cycling
- Recognized insulation component with Thermal Index of 200°C
This product is part of the Huntsman Araldite range